I find the only way I can keep in control of my day to day activities, is being productive. From my hectic days of working, blogging and home life. The only way I can keep track mainly is with my Planners. I will feature my Planners in depth, on a future blog post. The main place I find hard to be productive is work. I have lots of distractions or changes to my planned tasks. So I decided to compile a list of ways that help me be productive….
- Task List -Planning ahead tasks really does help. Wether this is for home or work. There is such a great satisfaction to ticking off a completed task. I recently brought a Task Journal to help with this, but a note book or post-it will suffice. Planning a goal list the night before helps clear your head
- Tunes -I find having music on in the background relaxing and soothing. For a productive boost there is nothing better than a new playlist on my Spotify to get me in the mood for a spring clean, or getting my head down completing tasks
- Stationery -New stationery is always guaranteed to get me in the productive mood. Wether a new pen or notebook, any stationery related goodies cheer you right up. My most recent purchase is my Unicorn Year Planner and Task Journal. Writing in a new notebook is like walking on untrodden snow
- Time Out -Having a break can help being productive. Often even if a 5 minute time out to your happy place, you get a boost to get going after. Recently I have been reading more, this often helps. Or drawing some doodles, or some colouring to relax. Having some ‘Me Time’ can really help you have a productive boost
- Cuppa -Make a cup of your favourite brew, have by your workspace and a favourite snack. At the minute I am loving (thanks to my neighbour) Extra Hot Skinny Milk with Caramel Syrup. This or Chai Latte contribute to my productive juice
- You Can’t Be A Superhero -There is days where being productive just won’t happen. These sort of days proper niggle me. There is nothing worse than waking up giving yourself productive vibes, then having a totally unproductive day. Don’t beat yourself up, there is always a new day and time to get back on track
- Dress To Impress -I find on work days especially, if I make an effort to look like a candidate for Alan Sugar, then I feel like being productive. Plus dressing up (even if for work) is nice from my other day job of mummy/domestic goddess
- Planning -I plan everything! I have a home planner and add meal plans. I add any family activities, then also any blogging activities. I make a list of Blog Posts to publish, twitter chats to join, and any hashtag events to remember. At work I have a diary, wall planner and Task Journal. My job role means I have to be super organised, the only way of achieving this is listing goals and planning ahead
- Be Realistic -An important rule, always make sure your are realistic with your goal deadlines. Trying to over-achieve a million tasks in one day, where as you may only compete several of these means you are over stretching yourself. Bringing the planning in, plan ahead tasks. Can some jobs wait till a few days times? Can you spread jobs to ensure you can also have ‘Me Time’ or a date night with your loved one. Being more realistic means you are more likely to achieve realistic amount of tasks making you feel like a winner. Over stretching yourself will cause you to feel like you have a never ending list of goals
- Workspace -When I clear my workspace at home or work, this really makes me feel like being productive. My desk at work is long overdue a sort (this is on my task list). When you achieve this goal, you have a nice clear workspace. Secondly you have completed a goal of clearing your workspace. A happy workspace really does wonders
How do you stay on track for a productive day?